Sunday, March 13, 2011

My heart is in Firenze...

It has been a few days since, I've updated...and I have been busy! Last Wednesday, I left Florence to go to Barcelona, Madrid, and then back to Texas. On the train ride, I couldn't help but feel like I was leaving a huge part of me in Florence. I really do love that place. Luckily, on my last day in the city, I was able to do my favorite thing- walk around the city eating gelato :) I made sure to capture some of the things that I loved most about Florence.

This is in the Piazza della Reppublica. I love watching kids play with pigeons! I think they are such creepy birds, but so pretty at the same time. Its amazing the variety of colors they have.
Okay, I will admit that I ate a ton of gelato while I was in Florence. This was by far my favorite gelateria in the city--the Cioccolato Fondente (dark chocolate) is to die for. Expensive, but so amazingly worth it.
This is a really old sandwich (panino) place. I think its been around for forever...but it is really cheap and sooo delicious. I always got the #1 with ham, arugula (rucola) and sheep cheese.
This is at the Ponte Vecchio. There is a wall on the far side of the bridge that I love to just sit on and watch the water. On this day, I was lucky and got to watch rowers go by.
And finally, probably what I will miss most about Florence. My cannoli from Paszkowski's. This place was across from our school and I bought a cannolo (I just learned that was the singular form) almost everyday. They are fabulous. On one end the cream is covered in chocolate chips, and on the other end, the cream has little pieces of orange slice on it. This place also has amazing chocolate croissants and cappuccino. Its funny how accustomed I am to having wine with my dinner, and drinking cappuccinos after meals.

Now that I think about it, there is one place that I truly love that I did not get a picture of--the restaurant in the Central Mercato. Not even kidding, this is honestly the best food that I ate my entire time in Florence. The menu changes everyday, but everything is insanely good, especially the soups (any of them) and the Pasta e Ragu. If for nothing else, this place is worth going to Florence.

Of course, there are a million more reasons why I love Florence: I met so many awesome people; ate a ton of  the best pizza and pasta; and experienced so many new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment